Being prepared for GDPR with Asset Discovery
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect across the European Union (EU) on 25 May 2018, when it supersedes the 28 current national data protection laws.
The aim of the new Regulation is to strengthen individuals’ privacy and security rights, as well as to simplify the free flow of personal data in the EU. It applies to any organisation, whether or not it is based in the EU that collects, stores or processes the personal data of EU individuals. A key requirement for organisations will be to ensure that the personal data held is secure, and to prevent data breaches through encryption measures. Where in breach of the Regulation, organisations can expect fines of up to 4% of their annual global turnover or €20 million.
A key measure in meeting data security compliance is knowing what IT Assets are held within your organisation. Easy visibility of your device portfolio will enable you to identify devices at risk and adopt appropriate encryption measures. GDPR discovery is a quick and simple solution for creating an inventory of your organisations IT assets. Key features include:
- Agentless scanning and discovery of IT assets on your network
- Inventories of devices, operating systems and hardware
- Records both physical hosts and virtual servers
- Details of peripheral devices and printers capable of holding documents
- Compatible with Windows, Macs, Unix, Linux, VMware, mobile devices
- Rapid scanning to complete an inventory in a few days
- Options for continuous scanning to report changes and updates
- Highlighting of unknown devices not categorised in “known” operating systems
- Links to a managed encryption service for device and data protection
Reduce the data security risk of your organisation’s devices with a comprehensive inventory report of your IT Assets. Don’t take a chance – run your GDPR discovery before it is too late. For further details contact us here.