At TBSC we value helping the community and have teamed up with the Geoff Worsley fundraiser for Brainstrust.
Brainstrust provides the education, care, and support throughout the treatment process. They also offer cutting-edge research and create a sense of community to those with a brain tumour diagnosis. Brainstrust certainly stands out with their charitable work, contributing to an array of areas including:
- Focusing on the well-being of those diagnosed with brain tumours
- Accessible on a national level
- Addressing isolation issues and creating communities
Geoff’s fundraising involves training and running marathons throughout the year to bring awareness to Brainstrust.
We want to show our on-going support to Brainstrust and Geoff as he continues to run marathons and raise funds to help those diagnosed with brain tumours. We caught up with Geoff to see his progress for 2021, here is the latest update:
“Training so far this year has been focused on longer distance events: Thames Path 100km from Central London to Henley, Race to the King (Arundel to Winchester) 88km and a few others, obviously you can’t just jump in a decide to run 12-14 hours (well, I can’t), so, with a bit of help, I have been following a steady training program that adds more distance each month. Over Easter I ran my first marathon of the year at Dorney Lakes; all under strict COVID-19 rules) taking 25 minutes of my previous best time. Training for events like Thames Path and others requires hill training and trail running not just road running. I am now regularly running half marathons back-to-back over a weekend – All to raise money for Brainstrust.” – Geoff Worsley
Geoff’s goal for 2021 is to complete 3,000 km of running! Cheer him on at his upcoming events!
Geoff’s 2021 Upcoming Events:
- May 16th – GoringGap (50k), from Mapledurham towards Reading, towards Goring and Wallingford
- June 19th / 20th – Race to the King (88km) from Arundel to Winchester
- Aug 14th – (66km) Run to the Castle from Aberdyfi to Harlech
- Sept 11th – Thames Path (100km) from Central London to Henley
We are so proud of Geoff for his hard work and dedication. We happily sponsor Geoff in his fundraising for Brainstrust. If you would like to learn more, get involved, or give, please visit Just Giving: Click here or visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/geoff-worsley
Looking for our previous TBSC posts on Geoff’s journey? Check out our blogs:
– Supporting Brianstrust Charity in 2021 with Geoff Worsley (Click here)
– TBSC Sponsorship with Brainstrust 2021 (Click here)
– Our Latest Sponsorship: Brainstrust, helping those diagnosed with brain tumours (Click here).
-We are proud to announce our new charity sponsorship! (Click here).
We will continue to post updates on Geoff’s fund-raising journey. Thanks for all your work Geoff!