How to get 100% SaaS Inventory
With the push for remote working and flexile work environments, organisations today often have geographically distributed office locations, some of which have restricted network access due to security or plain logistics. Seasoned ITAM professionals see 100% inventory as an impossible task. However new technologies and processes are making this possible.
The advent of GDPR means you need to know what IT you have and what data it handles. Likewise, it is highly important to know what software versions you are running on. The latest, most current versions offer the most security and compatibilities to your systems.
Here is how you can achieve 100% SaaS inventories:
- A wide range discovery methods. If you can find what is installed or being used, you have the power to control your usage and spending. Finding the technology is possible with a variety of agentless means.
- Agentless inventories. Using agents for inventory is a thing of the past. Your data will never be 100% if you rely on agents. Instead move over to agentless technology, which can create detailed inventories of everything (even if the devices do not have an agent installed).
- Remote locations. Just because they are small satellite offices doesn’t mean you can ignore them. Remote scanning technologies can now provide accurate inventories from the smallest sites.
- Security clearance. Ensure you have the credentials for access. New technologies reduce the need for high level security clearance.
- With our advice, you will get to 100% by tackling the issues one by one, gradually achieving your goal. Tried and tested methods exist, you just need to know how to use them.
TBSC offers comprehensive hardware and software scans through zero-touch agentless technology. Our smart scans make sure you are utilizing your current SaaS whilst offering automatic savings recommendations and optimization opportunities. To find more about our smarter solutions, please visit: https://businesssoftwarecentre.com