Office 365: Safety Updates & the Cloud
Office 365’s Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Safe Links have been extended and will be released this month.
What does this mean for you?
The ATP Safe Links provide verification protection with a “time-of-click” on web addresses. This rule applies to URLS found in emails as well as Office documents. However, the big change is this coverage now extends to Office Online, going beyond clients using installed applications on Mac, Windows, Andrios, and IOS.
Microsoft Office, formally known as Office Online (pre July 2019), is going to embrace the cloud by sharing all the Office apps to the web. With that, the threat protection will protect you from malicious links by inspection. If a link would happen to be harmful, there will be a warning page rather than the original page dedicated to the URL.
Additionally, added benefits to the safety update includes:
- Safe Links becomes easier to set up since the configurations are now on a single setting for desktop and online.
- Enabled by default on any web app, providing automatic alerts to the user when a malicious link is found.
- Manual threat hunting
- Admins can supply the Microsoft security team with suspicious URLS/ files for analysis
- Upgrade to phishing email notifications/ quarantined emails
The takeaway from this update is that security is expanding, integrating across Office 365.
Now would be a great time for you to make the switch to the cloud. Security features are ready for you, the only thing you need to do is contact us today to help make the switch!
How can TBSC help you go from on-prem to the cloud? Easy. At TBSC we help businesses make the switch to the cloud. We have a tried and true smarter 4 step method to ensure a quick, easy, efficient, and cost-effective switch.
The TBSC smarter switch from EA to CSP:
- Discovery & Inventory — discover what you have before migrating to the cloud
- Product Usage — explore what apps are used and not used
- Migration — make the switch to cloud subscriptions
- Managed service — manage your subscriptions month to month to stay efficient, cost effective, and productive.
TBSC can help you through all the steps with our core products in software asset management. For more information about our products and services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org