As the IT landscape of any enterprise is changing rapidly, discovering what software applications and what licenses are installed in your company is not an easy task.
It is however a necessary step to perform in preparation for an OS migration or for an audit. Organizations today often have geographically distributed office locations, some of which have restricted network access due to security or plain logistics. Work councils and data protection rules can also hinder the collection of data in large enterprises.
All these factors make it difficult for IT administrators to perform software application discovery, which is crucial when starting a software asset management project or when faced with an audit.
RayVentory offers comprehensive hardware and software scans either with an agent or through zero-touch agentless technology. It is a web or USB-pen drive which enables the discovery and inventory of computer devices, VMware, Hyper-V hosts, and Oracle database instances. It provides a smart scan and data gathering of physical and virtual devices at low costs as well as comprehensive reports about hardware, software, VMware, Hyper-V, and Oracle database servers. In addition, RayVentory removes barriers of complex IT infrastructures and possible limitations of the Works Council allowing data gathering initiated by the end user himself.
- Top Benefits
- Various collection methods
- Agent-based and agentless inventory of desktops and server systems
- RayVentory2go with USB pen drive – enables the discovery of unmanaged or disconnected devices
- Better preparation for software audits through accurate and up-to-date overview of software assets
- Customization possible to meet security requirements
- Saves time and administrative overheads
- Ability to schedule scans periodically, available 24/7
- Remote discovery possibility
Aspera SmartTrack provides industry leading innovative and highly scalable license management solutions. Aspera SmartTrack was the first SAM tool to include a SKU catalogue as an integral part of its solution, and includes entitlements and product use rights as standard. The new SmartTrack 4 version features a new attractive customisable dashboard with easy to access menu’s and intelligent search fields to quickly find your favourites.
The Aspera stable of products is designed in modules, so that more modules can be added as your SAM function matures. Aspera’s core product is called SmartTrack, which records, consolidates and manages all licenses and contracts in one place. Whereas some SAM tools are only effective in the desktop space, SmartTrack is equally at home in both the datacentre and desktop environments. After all, it is within the Datacenter, where the most complex and costly licenses reside.
- The Aspera SmartTrack repository records a license’s history, parent contract, updates, entitlements, organisational assignment and maintenance status.
- Other modules available include Inventory Connect Module (ICM) which consolidates all software data and takes inventory feeds from multiple sources with ‘out of the box’ connectors to all the main inventory discovery tools. Metric engines automatically calculate how licenses are required, and generate instant compliance reports to highlight over, under or incorrect licensing.
- Contract Management Module (CMM) is designed to manage framework and volume license procurement agreements to ensure that milestones are met, and dates for renewal or termination are not missed. CMM allows for immediate true-ups with all the required information available at your fingertips.
- Data Management Module (DMM) reports on the overall performation of your license management program and contains more than 20 ‘out of the box’ KPI’s. A personalised dashboard displays all relevant information for decision-making. Monitoring of performance allows for proactive improvement of data quality.
- Flow Control (FC) provides a real-time overview of the end-to-end process, including analysis and allocation of the current license inventory, generation of procurement requests, communication to the purchasing department, notification to changed statuses to software distribution and IT Service Desk.
- Financial Module (FM) assists with budget planning and breaks down costs by publishers, product and business unit. FMM allows internal cross charging and takes into account exchange rate fluctuations, tax and depreciation.
- There are also extension modules available for specific vendors or functions such as the Audit Defense Module (ADM), Optimisation Module (OSM) which provides ‘what if’ analysis to determine the best licensing and cost saving opportunities, and a standalone solution for SAP.
- SmartTrack is a 100% web based platform to deliver unrivalled data quality and license compliance, with menu options which allow for user based access. Aspera products are available in a number of different licensing options or as a managed service, and a simple pricing model is based on the number of end points.